Facilities & Equipment
Metrics' Facility Expansion & Renovation will deliver a 'Concept to Commercialization' Solution for Clients
Metrics Contract Services’ parent company, Mayne Pharma, is investing $65 million to significantly expand facilities and equipment at our site in Greenville, NC.
The $65-million strategic investment will fund:
- A new, greenfield 126,000-square-foot, oral-dose commercial manufacturing facility adjacent to the company’s existing building,
- The re-purposing of space within the existing facility, significantly expanding contract analytical laboratory, formulation development and CTM services capacity, and
- A new visitor and staff administrative center linking the two main buildings.
This means Metrics Contract Services can offer clients a complete concept-to-commercialization solution in a single, contiguous site.
“Metrics Contract Services will become a comprehensive concept-through-to-commercial solution for our clients, thanks to the new capacity for seamless scale-up,” said John S. Ross, executive vice president. “And with the creation of additional development suites and analytical laboratories, we’ll have the internal capacity to support the continuing growth in demand we’ve been experiencing.”
Other benefits of Metrics Contract Services’ expanded and improved facilities include:
- More capacity in formulation development and analytical services
- Engineered solutions to mitigate cross-contamination risks and support the handling of potent compounds
- Expanded modified release platform
- Planned solvent-capable fluid bed processing and film coating
- Designed to serve international markets
New construction of 126,000 square feet
Will be commissioned for use in early 2018
Adds 16 new processing rooms
Doubles our operational footprint
Will increase our commercial oral solid dose output by 4x