Our experience stands alone. So that you don’t have to.
At Metrics Contract Services, our team of veteran formulation scientists bring the experience and expertise to solve even the most complex formulation challenges for oral solid dosage forms. With over 20 years in the CDMO industry, Metrics has successfully developed a wide range of oral solid dosage forms for hundreds of different clients ranging from the large pharmaceutical and biotech companies to small virtual companies. Our collaborative and innovative approaches ensure that our clients’ development goals are met so that their products can be brought to market as quickly as possible.
Our key formulation techniques are:
- High shear wet granulation
- Dry granulation
- Milling and micronizing
- Fluid bed coating and drying (extrusion and high shear)
- Wurster granulation and coating
- Tablet and capsule film coating
- Pellet (bead) layering and coating
The best facilities to meet your size requirements
In our state-of-the-art 93,000 sq. foot facility, we have 16 manufacturing suites and two packaging lines that allow us to support a large variety of development programs. We have the capability to handle controlled substances (CI-CV) as well as potent APIs with OELs down to 30 µg/m3. Our batch sizes range from 1kg to 450kg, which allow for efficient scale-up from early clinical batches to registration and drug product commercialization.
Metrics Contract Services specializes in the following formulation areas:
- Bioavailability enhancement
- Controlled and modified release technologies
- Poorly soluble APIs
- Potent APIs
- Taste masking and pediatric dosage forms
- Multiparticulate drug delivery systems
Formulation development is fully supported by our Analytical Services group, which has more than 100 chemists. The group supports all aspects of analytical testing including:
- Excipient Compatibility
- Prototype Testing
- Method Development and Optimization
- Method Qualification/Validation
- Release and Stability Testing
Review our comprehensive analytical testing services.